Please enquire for the next available date
This course is aimed at those wishing to gain a nationally recognised qualification as a teaching assistant. It is suitable if you are working in a school setting and wishing to gain a deeper knowledge of issues in a classroom context.
The course requires you to complete 11 mandatory units which will require you to link your experiences in practice to reading and lecture input.
- Communication and Professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Schools and organisations
- Supporting learning activities
- Promote children
Written module assessments, classroom study and workplace assessments including observations undertaken by the course tutor.
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 12 hours experience in a school per week
- You will need to attend an interview
Please note, following confirmation of the course starting, all delegates will need to obtain a new DBS at their own cost.
Successful completion of the course will enable you to progress to the Foundation Degree Early Years or work as a Teaching Assistant.
30 weeks (Note, first 12 weeks is one evening a week, 6 – 9 pm college-based).
The course requires 12 hours per week of work-based / volunteering over a 30 week period.
Queens Road South, Bridgend Industrial Estate
Bridgend, CF31 3UR
£1,500 (Please note, concessions/discounts do not apply)