Course outline and objectives
The aim of this course is to provide an introduction to basic automotive electrical system components and diagnosis.
The following areas will be covered:
- Understanding automotive electrical terminology and theory
- Recognising automotive electrical wiring diagram symbols and component locations, and utilising them to diagnose electrical faults
- Aid with developing a methodical and structured test routine for electrical fault finding
- Understanding functions and operation of automotive electrical test meters and equipment
- Providing a foundation for technicians to diagnose and repair electrical faults within vehicle systems
There are no pre-requisites for this course, but a general interest and desire to understand automotive-based electrical systems and component operation would be an advantage. This course is ideally suited to those working in any light vehicle repair environment and would like to update their knowledge and skills in this subject area.
£197 plus VAT
1 evening a week for 6 weeks